Thursday 7 March 2013

Seeing Double




                       
After Christmas I did my bit to revive the economy from recession and joined the masses heading to the shops. I had compiled a list (in my head) of things I desperately needed (/wanted really badly). Somewhere in the list was sunglasses and I have confessions to make. When it comes to sunglasses, I have never really invested above $20, my reason being, I'm not the most responsible person to look after them. I start off meaning well, carrying the case and making sure to store them away carefully, but eventually they always end tossed into my handbag with everything else, resulting in my sunglasses getting scratched and snapped. But this time I reasoned with myself, willing to give myself a second chance, maybe if I could find a good quality pair that I really liked, then maybe I would be motivated to take proper care of them.



So, there I was heading for Farmers, having already researched their latest Le Specs range online, my heart ready to be set on the black Runaways. A femenine nod to the classic rayban I thought. Plus I loved the ultra dark lenses, they made me feel like noone could see what I was looking at (btw they totes can). But alas, it was not to be such a simple love affair, because upon trying on the Runaways, I fell in love at first sight with the out-of-this-world Dingalings. The pastel lilac frames, the metal detailing, the outrageously big sized lenses screaming "60's TAKE ME BACK", how could I resist? Now I faced the vital question, did I strive to be an elegant Holly Golightly, drinking my coffee and tugging on my string of pearls, or the long lost third Olsen twin, bohemian chic already installed?
But wait..Had I forgotten we were admist the post Christmas retail madness? I didn't need to choose, they were half price- I'd just take both!!


   


 I love both pairs and I love having two because it means I get to choose depending on the mood I'm in and what I'm already wearing, but what do you think? I'd love to know which pair are your favourite! xx



1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog!! LOVE both pairs of glasses and the photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you're feeling up to it....I'd get super-duper excited if you did!! xx